I Said No More...

I went through my stash of yarn.  This is never, ever, ever, ever a good idea.  You see there is this unspoken oath amongst knitters/crocheters and it is this: 

Thou Shalt Not Take Count of Thy Yarn

there's this one too:

Thou Shall One Day Need and Use All of Thy Yarn


The last one is a big, fat lying liar.  But it doesn't matter, because you're never going to really take stock of said yarn. 

Well, I took stock.  And I quickly realized that I will be well into my 80's by the time I use all this yarn.  I'd like to add here that my stash is NOTHING in comparison to most yarnaholics.  I have a tight budget and hiding 10 skeins of Cascade 220 into it is very, very difficult.  I believe that was the "macaroni every night for dinner" week.  Hey, we all have to make sacrifices.

Well, today I was reading some Yarn Harlot and she so generously posted a link to this place. #$%!@$%.

Did you see it?  The eggplant yarn?  I need that yarn.  I have no idea why, I just know that I could make a shawl with it.  A really awesome one too.  And it would be blackish purple.  And it would totally rock.

I'm reminding myself of the WIPs I have and the fact that all the yarn for these is in my house:

1. Several pairs of mittens for the kids (In Harry Potter color schemes: I have one made for Autumn, started one for Danielle who now wants to be called Elle)
2. Hats to match said mittens (they want old school hats with pom poms and a few for friends)
3. Spatz for Autumn (I finished one!)
3. Curry Cabled Cardigan (still working on the same back piece, started this like 12 years ago. not really)
4. Meandering Vines  wrap (about half done now/Ravelry link)
5. Ribbed scarf for DJ that I started like 8 months ago
6. Cable pocketbook that would be done in like a day if I could just pick it up and do it

So, naturally last night I started these socks.  You know, because why not?

Did you see that egglplant yarn? 

Comments

Popular Posts