Cookies and Milk

Yesterday I had a roller coaster day. I woke up and felt great. Walked a shelter dog named Kent, a 6yo beagle. He was dumped with his brother, Clark. Great dog, super friendly and gentle but a bit nervous and shy.

I don't know what happened, but during the drive to pick up Autumn I just started feeling nervous. An hour later I walked into Wal-Mart to do groceries and it hit me like a ton of bricks. Total panic. I couldn't even walk all the way in. I ended up at Stop and Shop where it was pretty quiet. But I still have zero patience. All day it was like Seth could tell I was walking on egg shells and he was miserable all day. Screaming and demanding and whiny. He wouldn't leave Marty alone for a second. He got into my stuff and destroyed a compact and smeared half of my Prescriptives moisturizer on the wall. He dumped the dozen eggs on the kitchen floor, kicked the cat, pulled Clancy's tail, spit milk all over the place, bit JP and any number of other destructive things. This went on ALL DAY. The *moment* I was finished vaccuuming the play room he proceeded to take handfulls of cat litter and threw it all over the playroom. JP helped with this.

Needless to say it was a very long day. The girls gave the boys a bath around 7pm for me and I finished cleaning up from supper. After the tub everyone sat at the table for cookies and milk. Seth picked up an Oreo and held it over his eye, "Aarrrrr! I'm a PIRATE!" It was hysterical! And it helped wash away some of the leftover frustration from a more than trying day.

So, yeah, that was Saturday. And most of it sucked. I took a double dose of my fibro meds because as of last Wednesday I've been in continuous pain. Yesterday at around 1 or 2 it got so bad. Usually when I get up in the morning I feel pretty okay, but today everything just hurts again. Headaches. The whole nine...

Today is mutton pie day. Here's hoping its a better one. Of course walking on broken glass and sticking a hot poker in my eye would be a step up from yesterday.

Comments

  1. Ugh! I just want to give you a hug and take you out for a margarita (God, could I use one, too!). I hope mutton pie day is fun. Can't wait to see this year's pics.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts