No more Atomictumor

I've been reading the 'tumor for about a year and a half. I've posted about it when I discovered it. The blogging world read AT's words as he watched his wife's life slip away. We read his pain and felt some of it with him. Clicking refresh like Pavlov's dog... waiting for some good news. We knew his schedule and when he would be getting to the hospital and then back home again.

When BJ (his wife) passed, it was like the rug was pulled out from thousands around the world. Why was this story so real? What was it that made us feel like we were a part of this man's life?

Because he was so normal. Because he was part of our generation, he was my age. He wasn't rich in the bank account way. He was normal. He was a guy we would gladly like to call friend if he was a neighbor or co-worker. He was someone who had impeccable taste in both beer and music. And the love he felt for his wife was exactly the love every woman wants from her partner. He was able to put into words what so many men simply cannot do and that tiny window let us look harder in our own lives to find it.

When AT went through a public grieving process he introduced The Beauty to us. Sure we knew what he was talking about. A few of even felt like we could finish some of his sentences on the topic. But none of us had given it a name and therefore a life of its own. The Beauty stayed with AT and therefore it stayed with many of us. Maybe it was a state of grace that he had found and we borrowed from. I'm not sure, but I did know that during this time, it was easier for me to find it in my own life.

The 'tumor has been shut down. It's there, but AT won't be updating anymore. He is re-married now. You can go and see his wedding pictures. Beautiful photos of his two sons and his new wife. Whose name was never revealed to the readers. She is beautiful and from her posts that beauty starts inside and radiates out.

I deleted Atomictumor.com from my favorites bar on the top of my Firefox browser. That little square, green swirly design is gone. Good luck AT. The Beauty you give is equal To the Beauty you get. And you've got in spades friend.

Comments

Popular Posts