I'm a bit burned out

I have been feeling a bit envious of the green grass on the other side of the fence. So I climbed over it a bit and went on a job interview. It was better than I thought... it made me fall in love with my current job all over again.

Do folks who run companies think that just because you're in their office and you want a job that they don't need to put ANY effort into the interview? Am I increasingly sensitive to these things because of where I work and the type of people I am around all day? Why would I want to work for someone who lacks the foresight to even GLANCE at my cover letter and resume? I thought I would let my brain chew on this and consider that it is a big pay hike and maybe I could deal with it for a while. But you know what? It chewed on it and spit it right back out.

Thanks, but no thanks. Damn, I looked pretty snazzy for nothing. I even painted my stupid nails.


I'm exhausted. I think I walked like 5 miles today in heels. Ugh.

That guy actually asked me how much money I make! I can't stop thinking about how horrible that interview was. I felt like saying, "Dude, why not read the resume and I'll wait outside for a few. " I cannot believe he asked me that. Is that done? That's not done, is it? WTF?

I need to write a book. A children's book. Make my millions doing something I actually like. There are days where I love my job. And then, there are days where I feel like throwing the computer at the wall. I think the biggest issue I have is that I'm not used to doing work that doesn't directly affect someone. I feel disconnected from the real world. Sometimes I hate the super liberal bullshit that is all over that campus. But in my department, I love the women I work with. They've been really great to me.

Wow. I just rambled. Sorry.

My son. Seth. Just came downstairs and told me his belly is sick. I told him I needed to listen to his belly for a minute to find out what's wrong. So, I put my ear on his tummy and reported back that the belly is tired and needs to go to sleep. To which he replied, "No. My tummy needs go downstairs. Watch TV."

He's good that one. He's good.

Comments

Popular Posts