On twins.



I had my family reunion over the weekend. It was basically three hours in the car, three hours of chasing cranky boys and trying to figure out where they were, what they want and how to stop Seth from crying. Aaron even tried driving around to soothe him. It was hell. To be perfectly honest, the party was probably amazing. People were smiling and laughing and eating and drinking. For us though, not so much.

Last night it took me over two hours to get JP to fall asleep. They were grumpy all day and we've been rained in for almost three days. No daycare this week and I'm home all day and night. Things haven't been easy around here. Last night as I was waiting for JP to fall asleep my mind wandered into the "What if I hadn't forgotten to pack those damn pills?" place. Life would be easy. It really would be. I would be doing what I wanted when I wanted. I would have more money and energy and be in better shape.

And then, around 10:10 I heard him. My JP singing, "You are my sunshine. My only sunshine. You make me happyyyy, when skies are grayyyyy. You'll never know dear, how much I love youuuuu. So please, don't take, my sunshine awayyyy."

I silently took it all back and settled in my chair. Determined to sit there no matter how long it took.

What can I say? I'm a sucker for a song.

Comments

  1. hey are so perfect!! and you know what i used to wake up Patrick every morning sing GOOD MORNIING SUNSHINE ITS A BEAUTIFUL DAY, NO MATTER WHAT IT WAS OUT SIDE we talked about that at your NEW kitchen table and he remembers it today SUNSHINE is GOOD it makes a perfect day or night hahahah (i never sing)kate

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts