A quick post

Things are... peaceful. Quiet. Fun. Relaxing.

I spent most of my afternoon yesterday drawing a huge racetrack in the driveway. We went to the park and played. There were two dads there playing these really cool drums for the kids. Clancy swam in the pond. Aaron tried to teach them how to skip stones, but apparently they begged to differ. Seth chose the "scatter and splash" while JP went for the "one really big splash" approach. We saw these incredibly beautiful dragonflies with deep purple bodies and iridescent violet wings.

This morning Aaron took Clancy running with him. He met our neighbor. I had a chat with the mailman. We tried catching fireflies last night. I have raspberry bushes running the border of our backyard. We have TWO tires swings now. The boys crash at naptime out of exhaustion. I crash at 10pm every night for the same reason.

My mother once said to me that no matter where you go, there you are. She said it out of exasperation. We were on vacation and I was 12. Patrick, my nephew who is more like my little brother, was 6. We were in New Hampshire and we were fighting. As per usual. She was saying that no matter where you take your family, they're the same people. You have the same issues and problems that you had before you packed up the station wagon and headed for the mountains. I agree with her. But I gotta say, its a whole lot easier to deal with those issues when you are breathing country air, sitting outside and watching the sun set through the trees.

Comments

  1. Amen to that, sister! Can't wait to be enjoying my new deck overlooking my new back yard that butts up to nothing but woods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't agree more with your mom and you!! :) I love that saying by the way. ;)

    glad summer is good and the living is easy!! :)

    best wishes with your new home.

    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts