Lucid Dream - Pat

Sometimes you write for others and sometimes you write for you. 

A dream.  I keep having dreams, horrible some of them.  The one I'm going to share with you was more than a dream.  It was another lucid dream and it was the greatest dream I've had in a long time.  I had it early Saturday, maybe 4am or so.

I am at my mom's house going to wakeup Danielle.  She was sleeping in my old room (which was turned into a dining room well before she was born), sleeping in my old bed.  I opened the door and walked in.  As I approached the bed, it wasn't Danielle.  Its Patrick.  In my mind, I know Pat is dead.  But here he is anyhow and I understand the moment: this is a visit.

I sort of scream, "Pat!!! Oh my God!  What are you doing?  How are you here?"

(This is where lucidity comes in and I am able to control what I am asking him, but not what else happens)

He tells me he is okay.  That he doesn't have long.  I ask him what he is doing and what is it like?  He says its fine but he misses us.  He doesn't understand why it happened, but he accepts it.  He says that time moves differently for him now because it means nothing.  He is playing basketball and says that Klyde is always with him, that he was waiting for him.

I ask him about reincarnation, if he is going to come back somehow.

"I think so.  I don't know though, they don't like to tell us that sort of thing because we remember it later."

"Who is they?"  I ask.

"Jenn, one day you'll know.  I can't tell you everything.  I just wanted to tell you that I see you.  That I see all of you.  I love you guys and I wish it didn't happen too.  I wish...."

And then he rolls over, pulls the blankets over himself.  When I pull them back, Danielle is in his place. Sound asleep.  She is 3 or 4.  I look into my old dresser mirror and say to myself: 

Jenn.  This wasn't a dream, this was a visit.  Remember it.

And then I woke up.  It was 5:30am and I just stayed awake turning the dream over and over in my mind.  Committing it to memory.  Remembering how he felt when I hugged him. 

The strange thing that is sticking out in my mind is that he had braces on his teeth.  He never had braces in real life.  That was weird because he pointed them out and showed them to me.  I wonder what that means?

I hate feeling like this.  I can't do a damn thing today.

Comments

  1. Jenn, You give us all hope that there is something better after we leave this life. It is reassuring to know, Pat is at peace. He truly is looking down on all of you. If your dreams allow you, ask him how Jimbo's doing. Love Ya! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. IM STILL NUMB, NOT KNOWING WHAT TO DO WITH MYSELF WITH OUT PATRICK HERE WITH ME BUT I DO KNOW LISA JIMBO IS WATCHING OVER MY BABY LOVE YOU ALL

    ReplyDelete
  3. he wanted them at one time, long ago but $$ was tight way back then hahaahha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts