Ogre Ears Cured... for now

Well, JP had his tubes put in this morning. We arrived at Baystate Children's Hospital at 8am. Within 40 minutes the paperwork was complete, JP had played with the giant magnadoodle, was changed into hospital jammies, I donned the uber sexy white zippy sterile jumpsuit, spoke to two nurses, one ENT/surgeon, one anesthesiologist and talked my boy into la la land.

By 8:55 it was over and I was holding him. The whole thing took less than 15 minutes of actual surgery. Amazing. We were home at 9:40am.

And the little dude is fine. By 10:30 he had eaten and stopped fussing. By 11:30 he was already playing with his cars and laughing. Noon he was looking a bit tired, so I laid him down and he crashed right away.

I guess there was a lot of pus behind both ear drums and one had a small pollup (how is it I can spell anesthesiologist but not polop?). His hearing should return to normal. He will see his ENT in a couple weeks and have another hearing test May 2nd.

Seth is at daycare and Aaron is sleeping. Actually Stella, Clancy, JP and Aaron are all sleeping. I'm thinking about running out and buying new shoes for the boys. Yeah, new shoes.

If you check out the cool pics below, it sort of shows what happened to JP.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts