TIAA-CREF SUCKS

I have been trying to close out an account with these guys for nearly a month. Every time I call, they act like 1. They never heard of me 2. They have never closed out an account before 3. They have no idea "Why there is a hold up". 3. I need to speak to so-and-so, but they won't have this information for another 48 hours.



GGRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Gimme my money! I am sure if this were their money, they would be charging me all sorts of fees. I should charge them some fees. Of course, that would mean getting money from them, which is apparently not something they like doing.



They actually said this:



"It looks like a check for $x was sent. Did you get it? Oh, no, wait... it's a direct deposit? You don't have it?"



"No."



"Well that's odd."



"And that number you just quoted me is way off."



"Huh. Well, yeah, that isn't right."



"May I speak with someone who can add please?"



"I know this is frustrating ma'am, I'm so sorry."



"It wasn't frustrating when you were taking my money, I can't understand why this is so difficult. It's actually pretty simple."



"Well, let's go over your paperwork and make sure it's right."



"It is right. I already went over it with 3 other people. I just want to know when I can expect to have my money in my bank account."



"I need you to speak with the manager. He will have your paperwork in 48 hours."



"Does he not work in the same building?"



"Yes."



"Why does it take 2 days to get paperwork on his desk then?"



"Well, this isn't the only application he is handling."



"I imagine it isn't."



Click.



These people are idiots.





Powered by ScribeFire.

Comments

  1. hahah I searched google for "TIAA CREF sucks" and found this! They are doing the EXACT SAME THING TO ME. Seeing as much of my career will be spent in academics of some sort, I will still avoid them like the plague from now on.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts