Out of the cave

Aaron and I recently got our cable hooked back up. Over the summer with me not working and the weather being what it is, we went without. How in the world did we survive?!! My God I love television. Its sad really. Oh, and because we're "new" customers we got all these great discounts. I went in big too, got me Showtime, HBO, Starz and a DVR!! Woot!

Yeah, so if you have Showtime, the greatest television show in the world, ever, in all of tv history is on there. Weeds. Best. Damn. Show. Ever. Other gem is Dexter. Tres noir, but superb acting and writing. But, I gotta tell you, Nancy Botwin is a hero to every female alive. I think you can rent Season 1... if so, it is absolutely worth it. Kevin Nealon steals every damn scene he is in. Check out my little widget up there. Oh, very not for kids.

In addition to Heroes (which totally rocked btw), I'm watching Prison Break (mostly for the sweaty men running around and beating each other up - I never claimed I wasn't shallow), How I Met Your Mother, Office, Scrubs. Oh yeah, I just discovered Tell Me You Love Me on HBO. Interesting show <insert throat clearing here>.

On the brain-feeding side of the boob tube... I've been watching The War on PBS. I knew almost nothing about WWII. Or, I thought I knew a little. Now I see how little I really knew. There is a book out too and I'm thinking of picking it up. it is a 14 hour film documenting the war from the men fighting it to the women keeping the country running. Every point of view is counted here and told from their experiences, first hand. The War Effort at home, what these women did to keep things moving and make it possible to get planes off the ground, ammunition made and shipped, children cared for and fed, homes taken care of... simply amazing. It isn't like it is now, these women created daycares and walked miles to work. Most of them didn't drive... because it was still considered a bit unladylike back then. Rosy the Riveter. Amazing stuff.

It was Mountain Day today at MHC. I arrived at my office at about 8ish and by 8:40 I was sent home for a free day off... paid. Nice. Damn I love that place. Its a very cool tradition, but I wasn't about to climb a mountain!

So, Happy Mountain Day! C'est tres bien.





Powered by ScribeFire.

Comments

Popular Posts