Weekend catch up

Three days with no cable, no internet. I cleaned, did laundry*, took Clancy on a playdate with his brothers, and rearranged my living room. I moved every piece of furniture in that room and now my back is damn killing me. Lovely.

So, yeah, Clancy went to play with 2 brothers from the same litter and another brother who is 5 months old (same parents). The four of them played and played and Clancy humped and humped poor Harley.
I haven't gotten him fixed yet (I know, I know) and he developed an immediate crush on his brother Harley. Other than that, they all had a great time. I took off running with these 4 awesome dogs and every one of them grabbed my shirt with their mouths!! Silly Golden Retrievers! It was so cool though, running with them all. Makes me want to add to the family. Maybe in another year.

On the girl front, we went school shopping. I got them haircuts and Autumn got her new stupid flat iron. I say stupid flat iron because the one I bought her a year ago, and paid about $100 for, no longer heats up. So, we went to JC Penny's and they had a few on sale. I saw the sign say $130, so I grabbed the model next to it. I think it was supposed to be like $79 or something. I asked the young lady at the counter how much it would be (they were all on sale) and she said, "Oh, that's $39." Now, I knew that there was no way that was right. She rang it up, it said $59. So.... she OVER-RIDES the price and sells it to me for the $39!! WIN! I told Autumn she had X dollars to do her shopping and if she wanted to spend it all on a stupid flat iron, whatever. Less running around right? Whatever.

At least she still isn't pierced anywhere. She wants her lip pierced so badly, but I am sort of calling her bluff on this. I really think she won't push it because she is scared. So, I said yes. Two months ago. Still hasn't pressed the issue. Nice!

My sons are on a sleep strike. Every. Single. Night. They wake up. For a while JP was doing so great. Seth would get up around 1 or 2am and want a drink, then just go right back. The last two nights have ended up with JP waking up from Seth. This is bad. JP doesn't just go back to sleep. He takes like two hours to settle back down and just screams and cries the whole damn time. It's super fun! Wish me luck tonight, I'm just dragging ass over here.

Right, so back to work!


*Laundry: much easier with a dryer!! My Aunt and Uncle had a dryer that was nearly new and offered it to Aaron and I. Things I noticed right away:

1. It has a light that turns on when you open the door (genius!)

2. It is very, very quiet

3. My clothes are actually dry in less than 2 hours.

4. It has a buzzer that you can turn on, off and adjust the volume.

5. It has a special cycle that keeps your clothes moving and just warm enough to not wrinkle.

6. It doesn't have flames shooting out of it.

7. It turns on every time I press "Start".

8. The lint thingy is in a place that is easy to see and get too.

9. It's brand new clean.

10. It doesn't sound like a pterodactyl in heat. Ever.

11. My cat doesn't run for cover when it starts.

Pretty cool hah? Thanks Aunty and Uncle!! I've done about 15 loads of laundry with it already!! Woot!




Powered by ScribeFire.

Comments

Popular Posts