Plan B Life

I believe in Plan B, I am the product of my own Plan B. The Plan A types tend to follow their narrow paths and never see the beauty that their own Plan B could have brought into their lives. They shut off their peripheral vision and tunnel forward. Plan B women embrace the curves and highs and lows that life brings to their doors... their ever-swinging doors.

Plan B means rolling with the punches and changing your mind and your life. Plan B means nothing surprises you and everything is going to be fine. Plan A means everything else waited while your goals were being tackled, lassoed and hurled onto your "Done" pile. Plan A means you probably didn't take that vacation or ate that extra piece of chocolate cake. Plan A means you scheduled Quality Time with your loved ones and checked it off your To Do list. It means you never uttered the words, "One more beer and I'm outta here." And it certainly means you've never had cause to take a cab home.

Plan B means you let life lead the way. And wherever you ended up was exactly where you were destined to be.

I love my Plan B life. My crazy, unplanned, filled with destiny and fate and twisting and turning and curvy life. I am right where I was supposed to be.


Powered by ScribeFire.

Comments

  1. I want to know what you where suposed to do and didn't hahahah your are good at plan B's love Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was supposed to travel the country and world. I was supposed to have money in the bank, an island in my huge kitchen, a maid, a driver, a published novel by now, 1 or 2 kids that had no issues or problems and all planned out. I was supposed to have a Master's Degree. I was supposed to know about wine, have a clean car, a clean house and a perfectly landscaped yard. Three dogs in varying sizes, all well behaved. I was supposed to be married once and happily to a gorgeous young man (okay, we're not married, but damn I did do good here!). Hmmm.... Oh yeah:

    A better daughter, a better sister, a better mother with all the right answers and perfect questions. I was supposed to be skinny and fit. But still able to drink a few beers. And I was supposed to be a great cook.

    That was Plan A. Pretty fricking naive and stupid right?! Life. It happens.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts