A quick update

Work is crazy busy. I have at least a week worth's of work to do and tomorrow is my last day for 6 weeks. Yeah, 6 WEEKS BABY!!!

Excitement aside....

The move is a bit more to the "not gonna happen" state of mind right now. My take? I want it so badly. I want trees, I want space, I want few neighbors and less trash on my sidewalk. I want less fire engine sirens and more birds chirping. I want a lot. I want my hometown. I want horses to walk by on their way to the park and kids on bicycles with fishing poles. I want my daughters to get off a school bus at my house and on in the morning if they want. I want my boys to sleep outside in a tent in my backyard. I want my cats to be able to run in the woods and hunt.

I want it very, very much.

I want it so badly I was ready to become a tenant again. And that's fine. But if we wait just another 2 years, we will have cash to put down on a house. The market will stabilize hopefully and maybe our solid decision to buy a home well within our budget will pay off. Maybe our decision to buy in an area that wasn't really affected by the astronomical housing prices will mean a big, fat down-payment?

I'm rushing this. I'm rushing because dammit, I want it so badly. I'm incredibly impatient.

I need to take a big, deep breathe and see what happens over the next few days. I need to make the right decision. And that may mean an unpopular choice. It may mean that we stand where we are for a while. I don't live in the South End or anything. People who know about Springfield from the 11:00 news know about maybe 2% of the whole city. Springfield is a very large and very mis-represented city. The people I know and meet in my little Upper Hill section are incredibly kind and hard working.

But it isn't Granby. And that is where my heart still lives I guess. At least that part won't have to pay rent.


Comments

  1. it is hard choice to make and the economy is NO help.


    we rent. we would LOVE to buy... but only b/c we need a bigger house with some extra closets and maybe one that doesn't waste heat by just sending it out the windows and roof... but we love our landlords, they are AWESOME... and our rent is totally, unbelievably CHEAP!! we can't really complain. BUT we want something differnt at the same time.

    I wish you all the luck.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts