Temporary Insanity

We are moving. I am not working for another 5 weeks and the internet has een disconnected pending our new address. The boys are in daycare 3 days per week. Its 90 degrees and the 3 foot plastic kiddie pool is fun for about 10 minutes. I am up to my eyeballs in cardboard and trash bags of clothes. With labels.

I am going to pull out my hair. And then, I'm going to start pulling out other people's hair. I could NEVER in a million years be a stay at home mom. A million years folks. I have the patience of a Irish woman at the back of the beer line on St Patty's Day. It isn't pretty.

Did I mention my lack of internet? I am sitting in my backyard using someone's unprotected wireless network. Not even sure if that's legal, but times of desperation call for desperate measures.

~~

A funny story:

If you know me, you know I tend to name things. So, driving along in the "new" Buick (I bought a 1995 Buick Century to replace my Sienna) with my girls and decided he needed a name.

Me: Autumn, open the glove box and look at the title. Tell me the previous owner's name - maybe we can name it after him. (The previous owner is a man in his 80s who is suffering from severe dementia. His daughter sold me his car, his pride and joy. The car is in MINT condition and I've left the name plates above the handles with his and his wife's name on them.)

A: Ummm.... I don't see it. Oh, here it is: Sadonne??

Me: What? His name starts with a .... give me that! It says "SEDAN"!

Yup. She pronounced it Sa-Don. I freaking laughed for an hour!!

Car's name? Sa-donne Husain Buick. Or Sa-donne for short.

~~~

Seth is about 95% potty trained. 5% more for bedtimes and naps!! Woot!! JP? Loves the diaper, can't do much about it.

~~~~

Other than the overly dramatic start to this, things are actually going pretty great. I'm looking forward to this move very much. Not the lifting, packing and cleaning. The start over part. The clean slate. The begin as you mean to go on part.

It isn't easy to let all of it go. To take yourself out of a race that you for so long thought you could win. Its a never-ending marathon and I think we just haven't trained hard enough to keep on keeping on. We just had our priorities in all the wrong places. That's why this move feels so right to me. It makes the letting go worth it and less like quitting.

I was walking in the woods across from where our new rental house is. Just me and Clancy. We were about an hour or so in and no one and nothing was around. Birds. Trees. Mosquitos and May flies. He was running up ahead and then spinning around and bolting right back to me. Sun was peeking through the tree tops and shining on his golden coat. The breeze blowing through the white under-fur and tongue lolling out while he ran up and back and up and back. He would stop and face me, waiting for me to catch up.

"I'm coming Buddy! Go ahead!" Off he would dash, a new tree or rock to investigate. A small creek to wade in.

Always he would run back either on his own or at my call or whistle. Standing there looking at me with a "Ain't this great?" on his beautiful face.

It sure as heck is Buddy.

Comments

  1. awww. jenn i hope you are truly happy in your new home. moving sucks... some what... i am weird and kind of enjoy packing and cleaning and putting it all away... i know i'm a strange nut. :)

    great name for the car!! lol

    hope you get the move over and done with soon so you can enjoy some time off from work.

    hugs~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts