Seth 1, Carpet 0

It was the prettiest mauve/rose Orly nail polish in the store. I applied and my nails looked fab. Popped the bottle into my purse, tucked purse between couch and side table and left the room. For about 30 seconds to help JP go potty (!).

I walked back into the living room and there, on the puce shag rug circa 1971 was a lovely mauve/rose swirly pattern. And there, in the middle of the swirls was an empty bottle of Orly nail polish. Seth, no where to be found.

Following the scent of the polish, I found him. Feet covered in mauve/rose brush strokes. Fingers stained dark pink. Guilty. So guilty.

I lost it. I admit. I did. But Autumn came to my sanity's rescue when she calmly googled, "How to get nail polish out of a puce shag carpet, circa 1971."

Rubbing alcohol. We scrubbed the polish with rubbing alcohol and a brush and after two hours we had it out. We also used the Furminator to help pull out the stubborn spots. Worked great I might add.

If this house is still standing in a year and I haven't been evicted/committed, it'll be a freaking miracle.

Comments

Popular Posts