Sun, Floatzilla, Family and Clams

Complete exhaustion. Went to the family reunion yesterday and holy cow that was fun! We went tubing, clamming, swimming, you name it. My cousins' place was fantastic, about a minute walk from "the pond". The pond is really a small bay where you can swim, fish and boat. It leads directly into the Atlantic. The private beach is about a mile away if you are a traditionalist.... which I am not.

Clamming was actually pretty hard. You have to wade out up to your waist and sort of feel the sand with your feet. When you think you found one, you dive down and dig in the dirt. I found ONE freaking clam. Kathy found one. Brother Mike... nada. Cousin Mike? Approximately 35. Which we promptly soaked and then steamed and ate. They were totally delicious!! My girls even tried them raw.

Danielle and I went tubing together and my cousin Mike did his worst (thanks Mike) to get us off the tube. At one point as we were bouncing over wakes at about 40 mph, Danielle yelled, "MOM! You look like you're 12 again!"

And that pretty much sums up our day. I felt 12 again.

Comments

  1. WE HAD THE BEST TIME EVER, THANKS FOR NOT MENTIONING(sp) THE CAROL AND ME THING HAHAH, IT WAS JUST A GREAT FAMILY BONDING TIME !! AND YOU LOOKED 12 WHEN YOU WENT FLYING OUT OF THE TUBE HAHAH

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts