Oh Oprah. Seriously?

So, I wasn't going to blog this. But, I pissed off Oprah Winfrey.

Seriously.  THEE Oprah.

On Sunday night most o the tv viewing audience was tuned into the Grammy's.  Most of us were tuned in to sort of pay homage to the late Whitney Houston.  In fact, it was the highest rated Grammy telecast in many years.

While watching I was tweeting a bit.  I'm not a big Twitter person, but I like to check in once in a while. As I was scrolling through the tweets I saw that Oprah (actually I never would have thought it was her but an assistant - I was wrong) tweeted asking people to turn on OWN, especially if they had a Nielsen box.

Now, I had watched the Oprah show when Whitney was on.  They were very chummy and I thought, as a result of that show, that perhaps they knew each other.  Maybe they were friends.  So, I thought it was in poor taste for her to do that in the middle of the Grammy's that spent a lot of the night honoring Whitney Houston.  As they should have.

Here are the tweets:


I think that was a sort of a virtual slap?   To be perfectly honest, I never in a million years thought she would read my little re-tweet.  But she did.

 And you know what?  I saw this today:


OPRAH HONORS WHITNEY BY RE-AIRING SPECIAL ON OWN.

So, yes, please do pay homage to one of the greatest vocal talents of our time. But do it on OWN because apparently Oprah is really torn up about her friend's death.  So torn up that she spent Sunday night begging for people to turn off the Grammy's and watch her crappy network.

Ugh.

EDIT - 2/15/12 - My tweet is now on Perez Hilton.  This is sort of ridiculous.  Also - getting a lot of really pissed off people tweeting me directly.  I dared to hold the Queen of All Media accountable.  Apparently this makes me "ignorant, stupid, hate-filled, and whack."

Also on E! Online.

Nevermind, this is everywhere.

Comments

Popular Posts