Home Stretch

Why, oh why do I do this EVERY year???  I wait until last minute to finish shopping.  Its so annoying.  I'm thisclose to being done, but no not totally.

Everyone is coming to my house for Christmas dinner.  Prime rib this year people!!  Pat must be so pissed.  He would have loved it.  LOL! Hahaha!  Psych!  That's for my poem brat.  (It's still missing btw.)

Aaron and I are planning a big party for Bush's last day.  We're calling it the "Preemptive Strike Party" because its happening 3 days before his actual last day. Yeah, I thought of it.  Pretty freaking clever right?

~~~

Onto other things.  Writing for one.  Had a conversation with the Assistant Coordinator here.  She's a writer and has worked as one for a long many years.  She is encouraging me a lot.  Reminds me to write (which I haven't done seriously since Patrick left us).  The other day we got to chatting and I mentioned that what I had was a lot of dis-jointed, un-joined stories.  I was thinking I would try to keep writing those and put out a book of short stories.  She shook it off like a mosquito.  It won't get picked up.  Too many people lack the focus and discipline of WRITING and writing well.  So they submit a series of well-written, but who cares, stories.  It needs to gel and it needs to be great and it needs to be RELEVANT to LIFE.  Her words. 

She gave me a few suggestions.  One which struck home:  you need an event.  Write an event that would bring all those people from your stories to one place.  A wedding. A funeral.  And then we looked at each other and the light bulb glowed.  I'll leave you with that to ponder.  And she left.

Hmmmm....

~~~~

After much deliberation I've reached a very important decision.  I'm going with the red Blackberry Curve.  I likes the G1, but hates tiny internet.  I'm only getting the Curve for the keyboard, no data plan for me.  I don't like the other T Mobile phones that offer a full keyboard for texting ease.  And twittering.  So, there.

~~~~

My bosses just gave me gifts.  Barnes and Noble gift card and HUGE freaking chocolate feast.  Bonus!

Comments

  1. Jenn, You have a place, it's called the " Hill". Never stop chasing your dreams. You got what it takes kid!! Love ya, Lisa P.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts