Weeds Killer

I knew the show had jumped the shark when Nancy and Estaban moved in together.  There was a fine line the show was dancing on the moment they left suburbia.  I had an "Ut ohhhh" the next season when they were in the aunt's house. It had to do with not only uprooting the family, but losing the entire base of the show:  Everyday mom becomes pot dealer to pay the rent.

I can make that jump emotionally.  I really can.

What I can't leap to is moving in with a drug kingpin with your kiddos.  And then the very worst thing happened:  she had his baby.  And from there the entire show has spun hopelessly away from being conceivable to becoming a charicature of what once was.

I used to love Nancy Botwin.  And now, they've killed her both figuratively and well, uh, really figuratively.  She exchanged her iced coffee for a Rockstar.  She got a bad haircut.  And apparently some really bad writers.

I mourn the loss of this show.  I will still watch illegally download the show every week approximately six minutes after its airs on pay cable.  But what I'll really be doing is counting the minutes until I get to see The Big C.

Comments

Popular Posts