Post Office Rant

I"m always afraid when I go to the post office. I have no idea why or where it comes from, but its pretty much the same feeling i get at the registry.

My history with the rmv is long and involved and most of the time involves me leaving without whatever I waied in line for 4 hours for. And a week later someone got paid and i'm $600 poorer. long story, but true.

the post office though... could they make that place less friendly? it's like a prison version of dunkin donuts. only without the donuts and mediocre coffee. when i'm in there i feel like everyone is staring at me while i fumble through forms and grab random boxes off the little hook thingies.

i'm always totally unprepared and unsure what i should be wrapping my stuff up in and how the hell i should be sending it. is priority like 2 day delivery? what the hell is the red form for? and does this label have to be used on Next Day or Express?

It makes me nuts. Seriously, somewhere out there is a mom with quadruplets who could totally color coordinate that place. If you're going to have 5 different shipping options, they dammit make the stupid labels different colors!! The damn things are all BLUE and WHITE! Ugh!

There has to be an easier way.

Comments

  1. I BET YOU DIDN'T GO TO THE GRANBY PO..THEY ARE VERY FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL NEVER HAD A PROBLEM THERE...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It isn't the workers... its just me. Maybe the shaking of my fists and my screaming, "Damn you! Damn you all to hell!!" puts them off??

    I can't imagine why though. The Postmaster General definitely doesn't like to be called a "damn dirty ape" no matter what town I'm in. I think I may be barred from Chicopee post office though.

    Guess its off to Granby tomorrow. Ebay doesn't accept "Post office paranoia" as an acceptable excuse for delayed shipping.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts