Shared custody means no custody.

I'm sort of lost as to what to do with my daughters. I don't even really want to talk about it other than to say that teenagers are hard. I have no idea sometimes if I'm being too strict, not strict enough. But then, no matter what choice I make it seems like the next day they're at their dad's again anyhow. And life at Dad's is a lot different than life at mom's.

Shared custody. 50/50 split. Doesn't work. When you try to share parenting equally you end up with no parenting. In essence we're trying to be communistic about the time we spend and responsibility of raising our daughters. And like Russia and Cuba, we're left with a no-win, everyone loses situation. Our intentions were right on. Somehow though, we've totally missed the mark.

This sucks.

Comments

Popular Posts