A Cabaret with Scorpion Bowls

I went out with my sister last night as an early birthday gift. She took me to this cabaret-style show at the Hu Ke Lau. For those who may not be familiar with the Lau, its a Polynesian/Chinese food place that also hosts comedians and various shows. Turns out I knew a couple of the people who put the show on so that was neat.

We drank Scorpion Bowls. Plural. I am a little fuzzy about how it all ended to be honest. It was really fun, but Kathy's friend that was sitting with us is one of the unhappiest people I've ever met. I have known this woman for like 10 years and have never seen her smile, laugh or just be friendly. So, here we are at the Hu Ke Lau in Chicopee watching this show and she just SAT there looking miserable. She complained about:

*The food
*The service
*Us talking too much
*The people behind her
*The costumes (too sleazy - they were doing Bob FOSSE!!!)

And the list goes on.

Why, oh why why why do you even leave your freaking house? Seriously. She is my exact opposite I think. Ugh. Oh well, Kate and I had fun.


Powered by ScribeFire.

Comments

Popular Posts