one

I saw my coworker today. Her little Sylvie is not doing well. She is heavily medicated, she's home but her prognosis is poor. If you are reading this, please say a little prayer that if God is taking her to heaven that he do it quickly, painlessly and peacefully. Please pray for her and her family. Send her strength and understanding. Send her love and grace.

The loss of any child is unbearable. I know it might sound weird to parents who don't have twins, but the thought of losing one half of a set is somehow worse. I think it has to do with dealing with that lost bond of your child left behind. I can't quite explain it, but I certainly understand it. I respect that that loss would be just that much more painful. Reminders would constantly be there.

Reaching for two little hands and only one to hold. One slippery little body in the tub, one to snuggle in at night. Only half a lap filled for story time, a missing pat-a-cake partner. One carseat, one pair of shoes, one cart in the grocery store. A single stroller. One cup, one plate.

I just, I don't know. I just don't know what to say to her. I felt a bond with her the moment we met because of this twin bond. And now, I feel almost out of place trying to console her or something. Its the strangest thing. I am quite simply at a loss in the whole thing.




Powered by ScribeFire.

Comments

  1. Jenn,
    I have tears running down my face, and a lump in my throat, an ache in my heart and a loss for words too. I totally understand what you are saying. Loosing any child is horrible, I couldn't imagine it, but to loose a twin, that would be some how worse. Not saying any sorrow or loss is less important, or less in general for the loss of a child, but different. I couldn't bare the thought of loosing any of my three children, but to loose one of the set, would be like loosing one of any set, just not balanced any more. Like you said a constant reminder. And for the surviving twin it would be hard too, more than the loss of another sibling. My heart aches for this family and it goes out to them too. I will definitely say a prayer for the best for Sylvie, may God decided what her plan is. I will also be saying a prayer for her twin, and the rest of the family. May the find peace. I just feel so empty and heartbroken right now. I just want to wake my girls up and hug them, and kiss them and tell them I love them. I thank God for our health and how blessed we are. You never know what could happen.
    Please know that you are in our thoughts too... I wouldn't want to be in your shoes. Knowing that you are there, and that you care probably means the world right now to your co-worker. Just being there for her, is more than saying anything in a time like this.
    Hugs, Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALL I CAN SAY IS HER ANGLE IS WATCHING OVER HER AND HER FAMILY GOD BLESS THEM kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn, I'm so sorry I haven't answered your email about this family. I have been so incredibly busy here, but I have been thinking of them, and I will pray for them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts