Sylvie and Olivia

Remember when I had shingles? I had this weird sunburn looking streak under my right arm, ran from the elbow all the way up my arm? yeah, I got that again. It is hot and itchy and very painful. And now, we're not so sure its even shingles. I did have them on my shoulder blade area, but who knows what this is.

In the grand scheme of things, I'll deal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My coworker's little girl is not doing well. I have mentioned her on here before. She is a twin and her name is Sylvie. Sylvie is almost 2 but she is pretty much exactly like a newborn. She can't sit on her own or even hold her head up. She is non-verbal. This weekend she had a seizure and was rushed to Baystate. About a month ago, after months of testing, she had a muscle/bone biopsy procedure done. The tests take a very long time and they won't really know anything until January. The CT scan and MRI done this weekend show "compromised brain matter". Whatever that means.

And then there is Olivia. Olivia is 2. She is (follow this if you can) my sister-in-law's (Heather) uncle's (Bruce) grandaughter. Olivia has just been diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor and given 6 months - 1 year to live.

You got kids? Kiss them a couple of extra times for Olivia and Sylvie's sakes.


Powered by ScribeFire.

Comments

  1. OMG!
    I can't believe such horrible news about both those little girls. :( I just feel so bad for them, and their families. Please, know that we will be keeping them in our thoughts and prayers. I couldn't imagine going through what those families are going through.
    And, as for you, I hope you figure out what is going on with your arm, and get it taken care of soon. We'll be thinking of you too!
    take care,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts