Gone Baby Gone

Went to see this flick last night. I was up at 4:45 am after a few hours of horrible dreams and this unsettled feeling that I just couldn't shake. My stomach was in knots and I felt like I had drank about 6 cups of coffee. That has happened to me once before in my life after seeing American Beauty*. This movie has crawled under my skin and I just can't get rid of this one image. Haunting doesn't cover it. Shaken to the core, I was shaken right down to it.

I don't know, just go see it. Its truly a spectacular film. Ed Harris should be nominated, he was flawless. Casey Affleck is all grown up and damn if that boy ain't a great actor. I am really, really looking forward to seeing him in Jess James now. I had read that he was terrific. But in GBG he commands the screen and you can't take your eyes off of him. He is stupidly filled with bravado and most of the time I was waiting for him to just get plugged. I won't give away plot, but please check this movie out. Don't read anything on it, stay away from plot revealing reviews and just enjoy the amazing ride.

Ben Affleck can direct. Amazingly well. Who knew?


*I often say that AB changed me and in turn set into motion enormous changes in my life. The days following my first viewing of it I slept maybe 3 hours per night. I re-evaluated everything about my life and actually wrote a 30 page "missive" of sorts detailing what I wanted in my life and most importantly what I didn't. My divorce a year or so later was a direct result of the "what I don't want in my life" chapter. Divorce is hard, but I have to be very clear: I have never once regretted it. I have never had a moment where I doubted it as the right choice. My life right now while far from perfect is pretty damn close to what I've always wanted. The important parts are all there and they begin with peace and trust and hope. A movie, a 2 hour film that featured a plastic bag dancing in the wind helped me find it. Life imitating art imitating life.

I love that.


Powered by ScribeFire.

Comments

Popular Posts