Bored at Home

Having a day off is great. Being home sick sucks. This virus thing is getting worse, not better. My right arm and right shoulder would be better off if the Ice Cream Truck killer worked his magic and just lopped them off. I'm catching up on Dexter. Can you tell? I'm off work until this isn't infectious any longer. Fun.

In the meantime, I decided to do a little Google search about shingles and here is a little blurb I found:


"HZ is caused when varicella-zoster virus (VZV), which causes
chickenpox, is reactivated from a latent or dormant (inactive) state.
After an infection with VZV, a person can retain the virus, quite
commonly in nerve tissue. While most cases of reactivation can not be
linked definitively to a specific cause, some cases of viral
reactivation are felt to be related to physiological stresses, such as
extreme fatigue, suppression of the immune system, concurrent cancer,
or intense exposure to environmental extremes (sunlight or heat), or
significant emotional stress. Shingles
is a situation wherein the virus
becomes active in the distribution of one or more nerve roots, which
are branches off the spinal cord."

Me? Tired? Stressed out? LOL! Doc thinks that in addition to this, my immune system probably hasn't bounced back from my lung infections and bronchitis. Whatever.

I'm using this time to work on my script become close friends with my DVR. Seriously, need to get to work on it and get ready. Auditions are on Sunday!!!


Powered by ScribeFire.

Comments

  1. Don't you wish you where in Canada you could get the same meds as uncle and feel great in a week

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts