2008 in Review

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?

Wrote a eulogy.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I didn't make one last year.  See post below for this year.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

Yes!  Liam Alexander was born Dec 30th!

4. Did anyone close to you die?

Geeze, come on.  Yes.  Do a quick search up there for "Pat."

5. What countries did you visit?

I did not travel outside of the US this year.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?

Time.  Peace.  Control.  Perspective.  Discipline.

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

October 30th.  See number 4 above.

8. What were your biggest achievements of the year?

Getting my boys into preschool (technically the first day was yesterday, but the work happened in 2008) and getting the services they need in order. 

Finding Michelle & her wonderful daycare.

Achieving peace between my daughters and I. And finally calling their bluff through drastic measures.

I wrote this.  Which has promise to become something so much more.

9. What was your biggest failure?

Work stuff

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Oh gosh yes.  Still not better, but nothing horrible or life threatening.

11. What was the best thing you bought?

Ditching the car payments and buying a 1995 Buick!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

Aaron

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

I'm going to leave this blank.  ;0)

14. Where did most of your money go?

Kids! Kids! Kids!  And bills, bills bills.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Moving back to Granby

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?

Amazing Grace as played by the bag piper at Patrick's funeral. On a happier note, anything by the Killers and My Chemical Romance (thanks Autumn and Danielle!)

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Sadder
b) thinner or fatter? About the same I think.  Maybe fatter. Who knows.
c) richer or poorer?Incoming is the same, but less bills.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

Insert x-rated description here. (I've stolen this line from the blog I stole this questionnaire from.)

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Worry, stress out

20. How did you spend Christmas?

At home with family.

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?

I fall in love with Aaron everyday.

22. What was your favorite TV program?

The Wire!  Weeds! Dexter! Freaks and Geeks! Great year for tv for me.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

No.

24. What was the best book you read?

I read a lot of great books and picking a favorite is hard.  I loved:

I Know This Much is True,The Story of Edgar Sawtelle, anything by David Mitchell,

The Road, America,America and this other book I read about WWII but the name is escaping me.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?

The Killers

26. What did you want and get?

Our house we're renting

27. What did you want and not get?

A million dollars

28. What was your favorite film of this year?

I'm trying to remember them all.  I can't so I'll go with Gran Torino but I'm sure there was another one that I loved as much or even more.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

It was Thanksgiving Day, so we ate a lot!  Turned 36.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

A job I enjoyed more.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?

Cheap and on sale!  I love you Marshall's!

32. What kept you sane?

Writing and my family

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

I spent a lot of time escaping stress by reading Perez Hilton and I'm pretty sure that they're all

superficial freaks that like to preach to Americans.  I hate that.  Although, I still think Brangelina is hot.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?

Gay rights and marriage equality and the banning of dog racing in Massachusetts.

35. Who did you miss?

My brother and his family in Florida for most of 2008.  

36. Who was the best new person you met?

The Mob!!  I got to get to know about a dozen or so women this year through the Pets Forum.  We get together every couple of months but email constantly.  Great, great ladies!

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.

Anything can happen to anyone at any time.

Sticking up for yourself and using your backbone will always merit good results.

You're only treated as well as you demand to be.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

Seth's version of All These Things by the Killers:

I got soda but I'm not a soda!
I got soda but I'm not a soda...

Comments

Popular Posts