Dreams

I keep dreaming that I'm at this huge family party and Pat shows up. Just walks into the yard like he would any other day. He looks so happy and so proud to be there. Everyone freaks out and we're all happy and celebrating. Pat was like, "I wouldn't miss this party! Are you kidding me? Come on guys, give me some credit!"

Kathy keeps saying, "I knew it wasn't right. I freaking knew it!" And then Patrick tells us all that no, he is dead. He just came by for a quick visit and then he has to go. He says bye and heads outside.

I go running up behind him to tell him I love him (something I never used to do really, I don't think) and he vanishes right as he turns around and faces me. I turn around and see that everyone had followed me outside.

And we're all left standing there, not any better than we are now. In fact, worse. Because we had that moment and all the emotions come crashing back down on us. We just stand there, looking at each other with absolutely nothing to say.

And there is Kathy, screaming at Patrick to come back. "You're grounded! Get back here Patrick! Patrick! You're grounded, get over here!"

And then I wake up. Worst. Dream. Ever.

Comments

  1. ITS THE FAMILY REUION AND AUNTY SHERLY IS THERE AND SHE GETS TO SAY GOOD BYE THATS WHY IM GLAD I DON'T DREAM I LOVE YOU AND I LOVE WHEN YOU WRITE ABOUT HIM IT MAKES ME FEEL SO CLOSE TO HIM

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts