Windy Number Seven

Found a car.  Or a small ship... a 1989 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser wagon.  Blue.  Very blue.  I owned one of these about 7 years ago, only that one was actually a lot nicer than this one.  My former wagon was one of the special, limited editions that had wood on the side, luggage racks, power everything and velvet seats.  I sold that beauty to buy a piece of shit VW Cabriolet that ended up costing me thousands in repairs only to get totaled in an accident a week after the last round of repairs. 

Anyhow, this boat is pretty fricking cool.  Its in great shape, low miles and has lots of room for this small army of a family.  And it was damn cheap.

I am thinking of attaching a life preserver to the back where a spare tire might be.  And everyone in the family must use the terms "aft" and "starboard" instead of "left" and "right" (yes, I just googled which is which). 

I name my cars.  All 30 or so that I've owned in my life has had a name.  Keeping with the boat convention, this one shall be Windy Number 7.  Or "Seven" for short (a tribute to Seinfield's George Costanza fits nicely as well).  Its a private joke that I don't mind publishing to the world:

When Aaron and I were dating, we went scuba diving together for a weekend.  Our little room at the campground was named "Windy 7" according to the rustic, wooden sign on the door.  Eight weeks later... we found out we were having a baby.  Two weeks after that, we found out we were having twins.

And that is the story behind Windy Number Seven.  Falls right into that "TMI" doesn't it? 



Comments

  1. Does it have a "wayback" seat that faces backwards? We had a wagon once with one of those, and my kids loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BETWEEN YOU AND LISA WITH THE WOODY WAGONS HAHAHA STAY OUT OF THE BACK SEAT HAHAHA "7" ONE TO GO SORRY HAD TO KATE

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Family Truckster! I love it.
    Kim G

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts