Woo hoooo!

I feel good today!  I really, really feel better.  And I LOVES IT!

In celebration, I shopped.  I bought 2 books from Amazon:

Knitting Rules! by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee (aka The Yarn Harlot whose blog I'm newly addicted to)

and

The Knitting Answer Book
by Margaret Radcliffe

What else did I do today?

I decided to stop searching and asking and just go along with the "build it and they will come" philosophy:

I started a Stitch-n-Bitch.

Yes. I. Did.  And I barely know how to knit myself!! HA!

If you care to join the group, we are meeting:

Sundays at 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
The Thirsty Mind in the Village Commons
 South Hadley, MA

All crafty-type folks are welcome.  I am going to try (cough-cough) to teach basic knitting to those interested.  Next Sunday I will start teaching crochet, which I can actually do and am pretty competent at.

 Why???  Well, I'm trying to make these adorable paw print dishcloths for the rescue to sell.  And while I think they will be a huge hit, they take about 2 days for me to make one.  I could do it in less, but I have these things called "responsibilities"  that keep interrupting me.  Things like kids, dogs, cats, house and oh... job. Make that jobS. 

So, I'm training recruits and hoping that if I can get 3 more knitters to help make these adorable things we can get more than 10 made before the Whisker Walk.

For those of you who crochet... GET BACK HERE!  I'm not done yet.

We are also making crochet grocery bags!  They are super easy, super fun and you can make one in about 2 hours.  I even have yarn for you to use and extra hooks!  Sooooo... if you can crochet, come by and I'll hand you a patter, a ball of cotton yarn and a hook. 

Comments

Popular Posts