A Smile

Having had a truly shit-tastic day, I decided to make a few calls for the play. Its a WWII drama and I've invited a few veteran's groups and am sending tickets to the Soldier's Home and the local VA hospital. We're also planning a talk back after our matinee.

I called a gentleman named Henry to ask if he and perhaps some friends would be interested in joining us. Henry is a WWII veteran and is 85 years old. Our conversation was wonderful, though he did have to turn Jerry Springer down to, and I quote, "get my digits". Henry and 6 of his buddies will be coming, in uniform.

He also called me "kid". Which about the greatest thing you can call a 35 year old mother of 4.

From there I called my dad to tell him the news. He re-enacted a Dominoes commercial for me and for the first time in a couple days I laughed. I'm still giggling.

This kid has got to cook dinner...




Powered by ScribeFire.

Comments

  1. jenn,

    you should ask the man at the va to tell mr. b. about the play and who is putting it on. he loves to talk about the "old days" i bet you he'd love to come.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts