Yucky Candy Mommy

I got home from work yesterday at about 5:35pm. Took everyone's coats off, clicked on the tube and walked into the kitchen to give Clancy his meds. Opened up the blue pill bottle with his Acepromozine (tranquilizer) inside. Took out two pills for the pooch, leaned over to my sitting dog and from behind me Seth swiped the bottle and tipped it inside of his mouth. There were only 6 pills inside when he grabbed it. I took it away and saw 4 left.

Yucky candy mommy!

Don't panic.

Wipe out his mouth. No rinse it. Well, he might swallow the water and then get more of the stuff in him.

Poison Control. Where the hell is the phone book???

Inside cover: Poison Control. Okay. Good.

Ma'am, how many pills did he eat? I think 2, but I got part of one out.

Is he conscious? Yes.

What exactly did he take? Take him to the emergency room.

No. Wait. Hold on one moment ma'am.

Ma'am? Hi. You need to call 911 immediately. His circulatory system and central nervous can be affected.

Um... what?

You need to call 911 immediately.

Seth, mommy asked a couple of doctors to come and see you. We're going to go for a ride in an ambulance. Mommy and JP will come too.

Baystate is on diversion, but because he's a pedi they'll take him.

We'll need to do an EKG, charcoal him and then keep him for a bit. And we'll run labs.


Mommy, no more! No more! I'm sorry! All done now, all done.

We need 10 minutes, please just stop trying for 10 minutes and we can do it again. He's a little guy and enough for a moment okay?

Sure mom, we'll try again in a bit.

Mommy! That hurts. No more boo boos on Seth.

I know baby, I know.

We'll have to keep him here overnight for observation. He seems fine, but just to make sure.

Snuggle me mommy. Snuggle.

Sure buddy, mommy will sleep right next to you.

You should be home by noon, he looks really great. Did he eat breakfast okay?

The social worker will be by around 1. Its protocol whenever there is an accidental ingestion or overdose.

It happened so fast, I didn't see him behind me.

Don't take that on. It happened and now its over. It could have been so much worse. We live and we learn, its all we can do.

~~~






Powered by ScribeFire.

Comments

  1. Jeez. As if you didn't have enough going on all ready. Thank God he's okay. I hope you're not blaming yourself. They move at the speed of light (except when we actually want them to). Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that he is doing okay. I can't even imagine. They do like to grab stuff and just shovel into their mouths! My girls would have done the same thing. Scary.
    I'm glad that he didn't have and problems from it. I'm also glad that the social worker was human and understaning. :)
    Hugs, Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - what a day for you... I am glad he is ok. Are you ok?

    ReplyDelete
  4. jenn, you handled it great, as usual. I'm soooo proud ofyou. you rock love ya sis

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts