White Out

Outside my picture window, a perfectly white lawn. Trees holding their branches, weighted with the powder perfect cold. Sounds of shovels and neighbors clearing their walks. A friendly wave to each other, mittens coated with snowballs. The dog tunneling his way through the yard, he tosses a frosty nose in the air and leaps and bounds and plows his head under. So silly, he chases a snowball and searches to find it after it hits the lawn and becomes invisible.

A deep breath today. Moving on and treading the same waters. Going to keep my boys home two days a week. A break from the daycare and for the daycare. Tuesdays and Thursdays at home. Still working out how I'll make this happen, but thankfully a rescue from mom and dad for this week. One day at a time. Leaving a lot of this in Someone else's hands. We're back to dairy free fare. If it works, great. Not holding my breath, not needing it to be the answer. But maybe it will be a part of the puzzle.

The doctor says no. No referral needed. He needs speech therapy. I disagree and so now I work for a second opinion. If I need to, a new doctor. There is a fine line between frustration tantrums and the complete loss of control that we see. I know there is something to fix here, I just need a little cooperation. A little trust for mom, a little respect for my intuition. If I can't get it from this pediatrician, there are hundreds around I can search.

The show. The play. All fine. Cast is wonderful and supportive. I am surrounded now by folks whose intent matches my own: to make something out of nothing. To tell a story as truthfully and honestly as we can. To find the fight, find the love. And we will. And it will be wonderful. I'll find a Kate.

Boys are sleeping.

Last night Aaron and I used the new blender for more than almond milk. Nothing like a fruity bitch drink to make you smile.


Powered by ScribeFire.

Comments

Popular Posts