Randomness

You take the good, you take the bad
And there you have the facts of life.

Remember that show?  I hated Blair, loved Jo.  Anyhow, I'm taking the good and the bad and concentrating on some really great news:

Both of my boys are potty trained. 

Let me repeat this, because I gotta let it sink in:

Both boys = potty trained

Seth is totally done with diapers.  He hasn't had an accident at night in 4 nights now.  JP is using pull-ups for nap and bed, but this morning woke up dry.  And the whole thing happened nearly on its own with no major set-backs or issues. 

Let me break it down this way:

We were spending between $100 - $150 per month on diapers and wipes for them.  This means that we now have about $1500 per year back in our pockets!  Oh yes!!!

Which will really help pay for Autumn's cotillion dress, shoes, nails, hair....

My girl is a Freshman and she is going to her first semi-formal!  Ah!  I love it!  THIS is what you wait for as a mom.  Shopping for that dress, finding the perfect shoes.  I'm probably more excited than she is.

Aaron and I are off to Rockport next weekend.  We are spending the night at the Seacrest and will be meeting with the owners about wedding plans!! 

OH... found a photographer too!  Originally had been given prices around $1000 and up for 3 hours of service.  Ridiculous!  I found a really great photographer named Bill.  He works as a photojournalist and does weddings as well.  I loved his style, his photos are just gorgeous.  He called me the other night and we were on the phone for about a half hour.  He is a really nice guy and loved the location and the initial thoughts I had about what kind of wedding we wanted.  He had a good point about my timing the ceremony to sunset:  we'd be losing the ocean as a backdrop.  So, now I"m thinking 5:00 ceremony, dinner to follow.  Here's the kicker folks:

$525 for 3 hours!!  Can I get a whoop whoop!?  And... we'll get a disk with ownership of the photos.  We can get re-prints and do all sorts of things without having to buy a $1000 package.

This makes me happy.  Very happy indeed!

Comments

Popular Posts