I am so...

pissed, hurt, and a little shocked. I had been approved to adopt this little kitty named Fonzie. I spoke to his foster mom the other day and told her I would call her this afternoon to figure out a good time to come over and meet him. Well, I came home a bit ago and signed onto my email to get her number and got this lovely email:


Hi guys,


I have made a very tough decision regarding little Fonzie.

Jen I am under the impression that your life right now is very hectic and there is no room for fitting a kitten that
needs constant care and love in it. Please don't' get me wrong, I know and understand that you love your animals but
there has been a few things that I am not happy with, and truly in my heart do not think that the time is not right
for another addition to your family right now.

You had let me know that you were down at the Cape regarding your upcoming wedding, congratulations; that alone can
be very stressful on someone. You have two little boys that are pretty young in age and typical boys I take it. You have shown
no interest in meeting Fonzie, I had to reach out to you to see if you wanted him still.

Fonzie is not a rough and tough kittie, he is a gently loving boy and if you would have came to visit him as you
said you were; you would of found out he is a lover.

My foster families are very important to me, they help me out in with my rescues and make it possible for
me to continue to do this. There time is as important as my time, I was up at Cathy's today waiting for you to
come and meet and visit Fonzie. The plan was you would put your boys down for a nap and then come up.

No show, no phone call, things happen; but you have to understand also that I place my animals with caring foster family's that
have lives of their own also. Not to mention my time, I took a barn cat out to Ware and came back to meet you. It seems pretty evident that you did not have the time to make a call to Cathy letting her know you were not going to make it, that in itself shows your life right now is too busy for a new baby in the house.

I am quite hurt and upset by the actions of someone that assured me she wanted this baby, I have to let you know that
I have changed my mind and will keep Fonzie with me until I can place him with another family. I am truly sorry, but maybe if
it was another time in your life and you were a little less stressed and busy, I think Fonzie would be okay.

Please try to understand my side, my rescue animals are VERY important to me and I have not placed one in a home that did not fit them; and that is a lot of homes.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and best regards,

Barb


~~~~~~

I guess if you're looking to adopt a cat or kitten you should certainly NOT tell them you have any kind of life or children. And definitely don't plan a tiny wedding over two years. I guess cats can't live in a home with that much happiness. This really speaks volumes about Barb. Poor lady.

Comments

Popular Posts