Fable II

I was never a big video game person.  Pac Man used to frustrate me into a state that would have me cussing and marching in place, leaning into the direction I wanted the stupid thing to go.  I would throw the controller only to have it bounce back at me because the cord was so short.  Joysticks... no joy.  At all.  I was pretty good at Haunted Mansion for my Atari 2600, but the stupid bats always got me before I could finish level three. 

And then last spring or summer, I tried Oblivion: The Elder Scrolls.  And it was over.  My 25 year hold-off ended.  Dishes would wait, vacuuming was fast and furious.  Boys were in bed promptly by 8:30pm.  The DVR was furiously recording while I curled up in my pink chair, wireless controller warm in my hand.  I made it to level 6, which is nothing in the world of gamer geeks.  But I'm the same person who couldn't finish the first half of level 1 on her Raider's of the Lost Arc game.  My frog was smooshed by every van and tree log that came along a little to fast.

Last night, Aaron introduced me to Fable II.  I cannot believe how awesome this game is.  Its awesome-ness makes Oblivion look like... like...  child's play! Oh wait...

Comments

Popular Posts