Sometimes you need to take a chance.

Aaron has been trying to get into this school for animation. The problem is they aren't an accredited school so he has to apply for a very large loan. These types of loans are harder to get than a mortgage... so we learned. The hard way. Twice. So, no cashola... no schoolola.

The nice guy I spoke to today from Sallie Mae told me how difficult it is and why. He also told me that many people who are turned down usually end up getting a home equity loan.

I had the lovely honor of telling Aaron tonight that we were turned down...again. I mentioned the loan thing. He sort of scoffed at the idea. Which brings me to:

Why the hell not? People take huge risks everyday. They open businesses, they go to med school or law school. What is the difference? A loan is a loan... you still need to pay it back.

The greatest successes in America usually involve a huge risk. The hardest battles fought are the greatest success stories. And we'll have ours.

I hope he goes for it. I'm all for it... I don't care. Everyone deserves their chance and this is his.

I just want this so badly for him.

Comments

Popular Posts