WIDRT

I'm a chatty one today!! I worked at my old job until 1pm and did most of my posting from there. It was verrrry quiet.

I belong to ediets and while right now I've not only fallen off the wagon but rolled down th hill and into a river, over some rapids and then a waterfall, there is a little exercise in Feel Good About Yourself Even Though You Totally Blew It called What I did Right Today.

It's actually a "count your blessings" sort of thing but I like this because its more proactive than just listing ways you got lucky.

Today was a great day. I'm finally feeling better (love the bronchitis!) and I took the boys for a very, very long walk. We left the stroller behind and I decided to see how they would do just holding my hands. This may not seem like a big deal to you parents who gave birth to your kids one at a time, but with twins this could be potentially disastrous. Imagine carrying two 30 pound 2 years olds alllll the way home? Uphill? Both ways?

Well, I did it and it was SO FUN! We walked for over 2 hours and only once as we were nearing the house did Seth let go of my hand. I didn't even have to remind them about it, they just did it. We went to this pond/lake thing near my house and we threw rocks into the water, fed ducks, laughed at squirrels and ants. It was so far my favorite outing with them ever. Yep, today took the cake.

It really is the simple things isn't it?

Comments

Popular Posts