A Great Day To Be Alive

History folks. Bush is history! I kid, I kid. Because I can.

Today I feel like I can pick up a piece and put it back. Tomorrow is not here and it isn't something I can do right now. Today is and there are a lot of things that need to get done.

Breathing in and breathing out. Life is. Here and now.

I couldn't wrap my brain around the idea that the unexpected happens, and if it can happen to Pat it could happen to anyone I love. I can't try to prepare for all the pain coming down the road, its sure to hit and its sure to hurt. But today, I am going to stick that piece back in place and maybe tomorrow I'll find a way to put another one back.

Did you see the stars last night?


Comments

  1. You are the most beautiful, talented writer. I am sending along my thoughts and prayers to you and your family. I didn't know Pat personally, but know some people who did. It sounds like you have a wonderful close family, stick together and you will get through this. Keep on writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn, you know what I keep remembering - his laugh - the same laugh that I heard from your brothers Mike and Jimmy at the PA - the Curran laugh - a lot like the Ribeiro laugh in that you just know it's one of us - you all have the same type of laugh just an octave different for each - that low from the gut chuckle - your dad all the way - just like me and my sisters with our cackle some call it. It draws you in - makes you smile even in the worst of times. Our families have so many memories together - you should keep writing about them - on your blog - I just can't wait for the book - remember when we would have those really rainy seasons and we would row around your back yard in the old row boat - or play on those big wooden wire spools - not to mention the pathways throughout the neighborhood - no fences - just paths worn down from friend to friend. Take me back there Jenn like no other can, Annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was struck by my sister's sorrow for her best friend Kathy. Lisa and Kathy see each other every week - they are lifelong friends who never drifted away from each other - what a rare thing. Lisa has 2 sons and I know she as I could never imagine going through what Kathy is dealing with right now. I could literally feel Lisa wanting to wrap her arms around Kathy and shield her from all the pain. You just can't buy friends like that. Annie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts