Breathe

Breathe

I’ve stood on the precipice, balanced on the razor’s edge.
I’ve stood on tip toe and looked at both sides.
I’ve fallen on one and come up from the other.
I’ve climbed, crawled, clambered, clung, and caught.

I’ve run, walked, jogged, trotted and sprawled.
I’ve scratched, scathed, scared, and scolded.
I’ve reached to the heavens and fallen back to hell.
I’ve bounced back, rebounded and renounced.
I’ve gone the extra mile, taken one step forward and three back so many times
I turned around and headed home just to get ahead.

I’ve cradled and coddled and curdled.
I’ve felt, found and fouled.
I’ve reached out, reached in and reached back.
I’ve loved, lost, and learned.

I’ve gained, grown and played games.
I’ve narrowly escaped, barely survived and revived.

All of these things to get where I know I should be, but can’t find the way.

So today… I stop.

Today. I breathe.

Comments

Popular Posts