Thanks

Thanksgiving. Baking is one thing, but seeing the giant open space that was Patrick... I just don't know what we're all going to do. Fill it with laughter? With tears? Joy? Sadness? I say all the above.

Its hard to be thankful when you feel so ripped off. But I am. Thankful, that is. I'm thankful that I was given today, that I am sitting here in my office writing these very words. I guess the issue is that I don't feel the way anyone else does. I do in moments, yes. But on the whole, I have found a way to cope and have started to come out the other side. Oddly, I feel guilty for this.

It isn't because they loved him more. It isn't for any reason other than my finding a way to get it out of myself and into the world. Writing. Dreaming. These two simple acts that are as normal to me as breathing. If it weren't for them, if it meant keeping all these thoughts tucked safely away, I can't imagine where I would be right now. Words. Written and spoken, images and ideas. They have set me free.

Give thanks tomorrow. Give thanks for tomorrow. Seeing the sunrise will never be the same. Not another day will go by that I won't feel blessed to receive it. Every time I open my eyes I say a little "thank you" for another day, another chance to get it right. Or at least try to.



Happy Thanksgiving everyone.




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts