A Dog Named Bubs. For a Day.

I picked up Homeless Dog today and and named him Bubs after a character in the Wire. I have named him this for the total of 24 hours that he will be with us. He is incredibly sick and old. He has a seizure and a vomiting problem. And he can't breathe. After running around with Clancy today he actually collapsed onto his side and couldn't get up for like 10 minutes. When he is up, he is trying to hump Clancy.

So, what did we learn today?

*We learned that when a dog looks like he should be named Bubs he probably won't make a great match for my nutty dog and family and life.

*We learned that when a dog has been staying in a dog pound for over a week he will smell incredibly bad and be infested with fleas.

*We learned that adopting a stray is potentially very costly and risky.

*We learned that in order to follow one's heart, one's wallet should match the size of said heart.

I actually feel worse. The poor thing is sort of locked in the front hall of my house. I don't want him loose in the house because he is so filthy and flea-ridden. He also just will not stay off of Clancy and I was feeling bad. Clancy gave him a few warning snaps and growls, but he just won't lay off. I am very, very impressed with my pup though. He has been a wonderful host and all he wants to do is play with this new friend. I have to separate them because I'm afraid that he might be contagious (horrible cough and he has a tumor in his mouth). And because he keeps trying to keep up with Clancy and then frickin collapsing.

I hear the choruses of "I told you so". I hear you all!!

Mom, why do you STILL always get to be right? Doesn't my being a mom for over 13 years matter at all??? No, I guess not. Not after today.

Bubs goes back to the dog officer tomorrow. I'm sort of bummed. I feel so bad for him. He just didn't have a good doggie life. Makes me want to make sure Clancy has a great one. Compared to Bubs he seems like a spoiled Prince what with his flowing golden hair and perfect teeth.

It's like Prince William being friends with, well, Bubs.

Comments

Popular Posts