Camping.

In about 15 hours I'm leaving for a weekend camping stint. Me and my 4 kids and my niece. Aaron's awesome work wouldn't give him the time off. Assholes.

Considering I'm camping with 5 kids one would assume I have at least got some packing done. One would be very wrong. I have some stuff on my kitchen table, a list of groceries I need to buy tomorrow, a few bags with pool stuff I picked up today and an empty cargo rooftop canvas carrier thingy on my dining room floor. NICE!

I am Queen of Last Minute. The plan includes boys going to daycare tomorrow so I can pack up and do the shopping. Campground is about 20 minutes away, so I"m going to check in and set up the tent as soon as I can. that way, when I bring the boys up everything will be done. I just can't see me setting up a 10 person tent with two 2 year olds running around.

This is a camping trip that I did about 6 years ago with all my Old Job coworkers. I didn't know these guys so well then. I also had just split up with the ex. Things were, well, very different then. After working with these guys for years, we've all become pretty close. We raise our kids together and talk about how stupid teenagers can be and how crazy life with toddlers is. We have been through births, deaths, weddings, divorces and now one of us is a new grandparent.

This will be fun. I have a case of cold Corona's and a bag of limes at the ready. I plan on running the boys ragged and sitting around a campfire laughing my arse off.

I also plan on missing the HECK out of Aaron. Totally sucks that he isn't going. I don't want to say more because I don't want him to feel bad. Of course, he's probably looking forward to some down time. He gets the house to himself for nearly 3 days.

Nah, he'll miss me/us.

oh, btw... tonight was the third night without pacifiers. And it was fine. No crying. Just two tired boys going to sleep. Success!!

Now, on to potty training.

Comments

Popular Posts