HOLY CRAP! GIMME A FRICKEN PACI!

I swear to God, if I could I would be at the damn store buying pacifiers. It has been 2 hours of misery. MISERY I SAY!

Seth will not sleep. The heat is ridiculous and the boys keep unplugging the fan in there. JP is pissed off. It is currently pretty quiet in there and I expect that this is the beginning of the end.

Twice Seth came trucking into my room. He climbed out of the crib and then broke the gate down. Which makes me wonder I bother with it. I'm thinking no more gate. I hate climbing over it and apparently all the boy has to do is push it hard and it falls over. Lovely. I bought one of the crib tent things but because the crib has a changing table/bureau attached the crib tent can't be installed. So, he climbs out and wakes up JP. A lot. No naps today because of this problem.

I'm thinking Nyquil might help.

I'm going camping this weekend with my 4 kids and my niece Lauren. Aaron can't get the days off, so its just me and 5 kids. I'm going with a bunch of friends from Old Job. We have three campsites reserved, all right next to each other. It will be a lot of fun but I am a bit nervous about tenting with the boys on my own. The girls are all older now and they will be fine. Its the whole 2 2 year olds thing that has me a bit concerned. The good thing will be the level of exhaustion: this should help with the bedtime thing.

Originally I was going to share the full size air mattress with them. Now I"m thinking that's crazy and maybe I should just buy another one for myself. Ugh. I'll be blowing up air mattresses for hours. I'm also bringing a 10 person tent that belongs to the girls' dad - he's loaning it to me.

I'm going to start drinking Friday around 5ish and plan on staying drunk right through to Sunday. Which brings me to....


I got a call today from a dear, dear friend. Elizabeth. She went to college with me and well, we were theatre majors together. Elizabeth later moved to New Zealand and we sort of lost her for a bit. I say "we" meaning Dan and I. I posted on here about our friend Justin. The four of us were pretty close. Soooo... Elizabeth is in town for a couple weeks and Sunday we're getting together. How fricken sweet is that??

Elizabeth. I'm used to saying her whole name, we do that in theatre for some reason. First and last names. All the time. But in the interest of protecting the not so innocent, I'll just refer to her as Elizabeth. We met her in either 98 or 99. What class was that?? I think it was Directing or Acting I. She auditioned for a show too and Dan and I became fast friends with her. Elizabeth is the type of person who is comfortable with anyone in any environment. Seriously. I could picture her walking into Buckingham Palace and being totally chill then later that night hanging out at a dive bar and cracking the place up. She's a pretty cool chick and Dan and I have been missing the hell out of her.

edit: the story that was in this place has been removed for several reasons. More later.

Comments

Popular Posts