I now officially love meds. My doc - my new doc, more later - put me on prednisone and some kind of achilles tendon busting anitbiotic and HOLY ENERGY BATMAN KAPOW!! BAFT! AMD ZOWEE!! I did no less than 7 loads of laundry, hung them outside to dry, folded and then put them away!! I also did all my floors and even picked fresh flowers from the yard and they are now in vases all over the house. Oh, and I played with my sons, cooked breakfast lunch and dinner.

Take that lung infection! Eat it bronchitis! I haven't felt this good in like 2 weeks. What a relief. This all kicked in after taking round 2 of the prednisone today. So, tomorrow I am totally not leaving this bed and really making this stick. Friday, back to work.

So, here's the deal with the new doc. I've been going to this doc for about 2 years now and at first the place was great. It was never a problem getting in to see a PA. Recently though its been really hard. Oh, and I've never even seen this "doctor". I have no idea what my primary doctor even looks like! I've only ever seen one of the PA's. I didn't really mind that because I really like him. Well, last week after my stint in the ER for severe coughing, weezing, lead weights in my chest, etc... I called them the next business day to follow up. The ER only gave me a pat on the back and some codeine cough syrup. I told the med assist on the phone what was up and could I please come in to have a follow up... I was really not doing well. I had a coughing fit on the phone so bad, I hung up and had to call back. The soonest they could see me would have been in a week.

That wasn't going to fly. I coldn't fricken breathe! HELLO! So, I called my sister who works as a med assist for a local doctor. It was around 2pm. They saw me, a brand new patient, that day. In fact, the doc himself called and spoke to me. He also has called me at home, at my office to check on me. I'm not sure if this is how he is for all his patients, but holy crap what a change!

Yesterday was a bad day. I was totally run down, I felt worse than I had. I called at noon and the doc called me right back. "Just come down right now and we'll do another chest x-ray." I left work and went. By 2:30 I was in my van heading to the drug store. Amazing.

So... thanks Lisa! You rock sistah!

Comments

Popular Posts