Addiction

I started watching the HBO series The Wire. Aaron got me season 1. I watched the 13 hours in less than 2 weeks. Today, I opened up Smith and there were seasons 2 and 3.

I can finally stop jonesin and scratching and pulling at my eyelashes now.

What a fabulous show. I hate cop shows and crime stuff, but this... this is some great damn tv.

check it out. seriously.

Oh... and while I'm on it, looks like Isaiah Washington is out of GA. I am happy because I couldn't STAND his character. I would use his scenes to make popcorn. Or pee. Or pound my head against the wall. You know, whatever works.

Speaking of pounding my head against a wall, I received the following email from the director of my program:

Dear Jennifer,

Hello. I'm writing to follow up on the details relating to your annual conversation. Could you let me know if you might be free on Friday (6/15) or Tues/Weds of next week (6/19 - 20). If you could hold those days and let me know if there are times that might be especially convenient for you, that would be helpful.

The conversation will enable us to review together the work that you've done this year, contributions made to the program, and areas of general concern and of interest. It would be helpful to have some materials from you in advance of our conversation. These include an updated resume and written responses to the following questions and invitations of issues to consider. Please develop separate lists for xxx and xxx where appropriate.

Finally, attached is a copy of the performance evaluation form that we complete for the Human Resources office and that will accompany the letter that reviews the annual conversation. You might find it helpful to consider the categories mentioned there personx, and I will consult on this document and share with you a completed version when we meet for the conversation.


Annual Conversation Items To Consider
Job Responsibilities
1) List and assessment of Primary Job Responsibilities
2) List and assessment of Secondary Job Responsibilities
3) Occasional Job Responsibilities


Time: Possibilities and Pressures
1) Which assignments and responsibilities have demanded the most time from you this past year?
2) Which assignments and responsibilities would you have liked to devote more time to this past year?
3) Please note the top two assignments or projects on which you most like working


Professional Development
1) Please note and describe two or three ways in which we might support your professional development in the coming year.
2) Are there specific areas of improvement on which you've been working this year or to which you hope to attend next year?

If you have any questions about this preliminary materials, please let me know.

~~~~

Okay, so this is ah, well, ah, yeah. Aye dios mio!!! Small panic has set in. See, here's the thing. If I had to write this for anyone else, I would be totally confident and fine. But these aren't people who read BS and don't know they're reading BS. These are uber intelligent, book writing people. People who I would like to continue to work for. People whose respect I am trying to earn. And this is very scary for me. Very.

The big meeting is scheduled for next Tuesday. If you don't hear from me, I'm at the unemployment office and probably drunk.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts