Six Flags

Went to two big events: Charter Days and Six Flags. Well, maybe only one of these is "big". Charter Days is an annual event in my hometown to celebrate the founding of it. It's now a 3 day event with Saturday night fireworks. We went Saturday and braved the weather which turned out to be just a misty night. For a bitty little town, they always do a helluva job. It's really a big, giant reunion for us. Pretty fun stuff.

Six Flags New England was Sunday for Aaron's work picnic. I haven't been in a couple years what with giving birth to twins and all. Before they were born I was a Season Pass Holder: you cannot make a roller coaster too fast, too scary, too curvy. I love me some coasters!

So, the 6 of us went. It was great! Of course! BUT... if you are in the area or plan on visiting the area and have a toddler/small child you NEED to go to Wiggles World! The whole area is for the under 5 or 6 year old set. The rides are designed for parents to either sit next to, with or behind the kiddos. Most have double front seat for 2 kids to ride together. The whole place has video screens and Wiggles music playing. They even have Fruit Salad stands! How cool is that? AND... they have a little sprinkler park where the water doesn't shoot out so hard it knocks the kids down. JP LOVED this! He must have played in there for 45 minutes. He was freezing so we had to take him away. Behind the water park is a play area with a Captain Feathersword ship that has two halves: one for bigger kids and one for smaller. It has slides and tunnels and all that. It's on this floamy surface that is non-slip even with wet shoes. My boys fell a few times and basically bounced.

Next month Thomas Town is opening and it is supposed to be equally as awesome. Gotta go back.

Danielle FINALLY got to ride Superman. She was just tall enough last year, but I was nervous about her going on because she is so tiny overall. I just didn't think there was enough bulk to hold her firmly in the seat. Aaron, Autumn and Danielle went on together and right when the ride stopped, Autumn turns to my girl and asks how it was. Danielle replies, "I think I peed a little." LOL!!! What a nut.

Everyone had a great time both days. The girls got to go on all the rides they wanted to, we did the water park, we ate greasy fried food, drank a $5 draft beer and laughed our butts off. JP even has a little sunburn on his knees and cheeks. Seth tanned a bit. The day started out pretty chilly and very cloudy. While they were sleeping in their strollers the sun came out and that's when JP got burned. Poor little dude.

Oh, and no pics of any of this. Why? Because I'm a loser and my camera's zoom is broken. I really, really need to send that in.

Comments

Popular Posts