VONAGE NIGHTMARE!!!

I am in the midst of a Customer Service Nightmare. Vonage. Idiots.

I called in March and cancelled my service. They asked if I knew
anyone who might want the equipment. I wasn't sure. They gave me a
free month and I said I would try to find someone who could take over.
Because I'm nice. And a sucker.

I was charged last month for the service again. I called and spoke to
someone. They were supposed to transfer me to someone in Account
Management, but the offices were closed.

I got sick and for three weeks didn't call back. Yesterday I was
charged again. Now we're up to $60 in charges.

I called this morning at 9. I spoke to someone who asked me Lots of
Questions (Name, username, email, billing address). This LoQ happens
a lot. She tells me that my account is still active. I know this,
I'm being charged. I cancelled this thing in March. She can't do
anything, so she transfers me.

I am put on hold for 28 minutes. 28. Minutes.

New person does the LoQ thing. Looks up stuff and tells me things I
already know. I answer questions and tell her I cancelled the service
and I shouldn't have been charged. She asks my why I don't just keep
the service.

"Because having two house numbers is stupid." I reply.

"Well, you have the equipment still?"

"Yes, its sitting in a box. I haven't used the service since I
cancelled it in March."

"Well, you're still active. "

"I know, but I shouldn't be. I canceled my service in March. Your guy
was very nice and I agreed to try to find another customer for you.
He gave me 30 days free to do so. I never was told that the service
was not going to end at that point."

"Well, I can cancel your service but you will need to dispute the
charges with your credit card company."

"No. I want a credit to my account. Please transfer me to someone who
can do that for me."

"Okay, well, I'll cancel your account and transfer you to billing."

DISCONNECTED. LINE GOES DEAD.

I call back. Go through LoQ. I ask to be transferred to Billing.
They ask why. Put me on hold to look at my account. The hold turns
into a transfer and hold to...
ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT. I'm on hold waiting for 35 minutes.

Mike answers. I explain the above hold times and that I was
transferred to the wrong place. He apologizes and transfers me to
Billing. LIVE BLOG from here on:

I'm on hold waiting for Billing. Spoke to Mark for 12 seconds. Being
transferred to Advanced Customer Service now. Hold is lasting 3
minutes.

This person, whose name I couldn't understand, wanted to transfer me
BACK TO ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT to cancel my account. I explained I
already did that today, that the reason I was transferred to her was
to ask for a credit on my account for the 2 months.

She then did the LoQ and has me on hold right now.

This is going to badly isn't it? I may snap.

She's back. I lost. I hate Vonage. I hate everything about them.
Too pissed to write more.




Here is the letter I just sent to the Board of Directors at Vonage:

To Whom It May Concern:

In March 2007 I canceled my service. The customer service guy was so nice, he offered to keep my service active for 30 days for free while I asked around to see if anyone I knew would like to take over my vonage account. I assumed that after the 30 days the service would simply end. I was not told otherwise. Unfortunately, your customer service (and I use this term very loosely) team doesn't see it that way. The service was not canceled and I was charged for two months of service. Service I had canceled and no longer used. The charges are unauthorized. Period. Even after being put on hold for 1 hour and 15 minutes in total today, I have been unable to make head way with the individuals answering your phones.

I just wanted to make you aware that I have filed a formal complaint with the Better Business Bureau and am disputing the illegal charges made to my credit card. If necessary, I will contact an attorney and sue for reimbursement.

I cannot believe that this is the same company I had such great service from for so long. I wonder if the reason your customer service is so bad is because it involves issuing a credit rather than signing me up for service?

I have sent out an open letter via email to an entire college campus community, every person in my address book (nearly 300 people across the country, Canada, Ireland, and New Zealand) wrote to my local newspaper, posted my experience on my blog, posted the link to said post on a huge public online forum throughout the state of Massachusetts (www.masslive.com/forums) and am currently seeking assistance from my credit card company.

All this from a customer who raved about your company not 6 months ago. All this from a single mother of 4. Every penny I earn is accounted for needed to make ends meet, to keep the roof over our heads and my car in the driveway. This stupid $60 in charges means nothing to a corporation like yours, but to me that's a week's worth of gas and lunches.

Your business practices are horrendous and should be scrutinized by a court. I cannot believe you would treat customers the way you have. It's really a shame. All this for $59.86.

Sincerely,

Jennifer Roberts

Comments

  1. You are fabulous!!!!!! I'm glad you included New Zealand in there!!!!! xo Elizabeth Marshall

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahaaa! I'm such a big liar too. I miss you!!! Can't wait for Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts