Meeting today.

I had that Annual Conversation today I wrote about. It lasted about 90 minutes and I'm still employed. Yippee for me! It was actually pretty painless and very, very informative.

Being new is hard. You sort of trudge along and hope that what you're doing is okay and that you won't get fired. Apparently, I"m doing pretty well. I learned a lot today and got a great boost in my confidence. To anyone who might read this and functions in some capacity as a supervisor, may I be so bold as to say this:

When doing an employee's review, we only take it as serious as you do. If you come at us with all high marks, we get lazy and start looking for another job. Why? Because there is nothing worse than being unchallenged or feeling like there isn't room for you to grow. Its why I started hunting for a new job.

My review today had high marks. It also had areas that I need to work on. And this is great. This means that people pay attention, that they realize I'm not working to the best of my ability. And that is no surprise. I'm new and the learning curve is huge. So, it was pretty great actually. I think that after learning the job and the skeleton of it, I can really start getting at the meat of it.

What's really, really terrific is that they are going to send me to some classes to learn Access and further my excel skills. I"ve got mad computer skills and Access is one program that I haven't really had the chance to get into. I presented the idea and got into a little detail about what it could do for us as a program. Big boss was 110% behind it. Woot!

So, I've been a bit reserved there. I haven't fallen in love with my job totally. But I think I could. Change is hard. And going from old job where I was pretty much at home to a place where everything was new and totally different was a lot harder than I'd imagined. I like a challenge, but this was something I wasn't necessarily expecting. Things tend to come easy to me and when I find myself really working hard and still not being on my game 100%, its scary for me.

I'm looking forward to next year. I think I'll really have my legs under me and be able to do some really great things. This job is going to grow and change with me. And I really couldn't ask for more supportive bosses. I guess I really do have a shiznit job eh? Yippee for me!!!

The real work though will be this summer.

Potty training. Twins.

I got nothin'.

Comments

Popular Posts