I COME IN?!

Ahhh.... life is swell today. JP is home sick with Aaron. And by
sick I mean he ran a fever last night but this morning is about as
goofy as a 2 year old can be. He took a bath this morning, alone.
Seth stood outside the tub and absolutely could not understand why his
brother got to have a tub and he couldn't.

I explained that JP was staying home and that he was going to school.

"I come in?"

"No buddy, you get to go to school today!"

"I come in!!"

"Seth, we're going buh-bye's. Come with mommy! It will be so fun!!"

"NO! I COME IN?!!"

"Not right now. Let's go to school and see the kids!" (Note the
feigned excitement.)

"ladfgj a aoith oaitn avht . No."

I ended up carrying him downstairs. And he continued to tell me off
in gibberishy twin speak.

I always feel bad when one goes to school and one stays behind for
some reason. It makes the morning drop off suck. Its like leaving a
half a kid there or something. Of course, this is mother guilt. The
boys seem to like to have some time apart and according to their
teachers they do absolutely fine. Why do moms do this to ourselves?
We're constantly finding moments to feel bad about things. Daycare,
that stupid boston creme donut, not getting skim milk in our coffee,
getting the chips instead of carrots, leaving work early so we can
shop instead of running to daycare immediately, leaving some dishes in
the sink at night or skipping out on the laundry.

Do men do this?? Do fathers feel bad about this stuff too? Why do
moms corner this market and where and how the hell did we start this
crap? I don't have the time for it, but these stupid little things
roll around my brain through the day.

Okay, I actually have work to do. Big meeting today... remember I
posted about it? The Annual Conversation. Or as I call it:
Reapplying for Your Job.

More tonight!

Comments

Popular Posts